Pages

What's In My Make Up Bag?

Saturday 4 June 2016


Hello lovelies,

This is something new for me, I only ever thought you could do a 'What's In My Make Up Bag' sort of item if you had a YouTube channel? Not for any specific reason but purely because I had no clue how to make things visual and interesting without me running my mouth. Probably makes no sense... Moving on. The reason behind this post was just to show my readers that you can have an array of different make up items and still end up using the same products day in day out, which is exactly what I do.

First things first - My make up bag. I have so many, from Dior, Chanel to Lulu Guinness but will always rely on my trusty little Harrods one. I bought it roughly 4 years ago on a college trip and have used it ever since. The colour is a mixture between a pale lilac and grey with small metallic specks, adorned with a lace like pattern of flowers and a plastic covering. Simple, cheap (for only £8) and lovely. Need I say more?

The important stuff, le makeup. I will of course do this is in order of what I put on my face.

Chanel Le Blanc De Chanel - I use this product daily as a base, it is very illuminating and thick making it the perfect product to hold onto my chosen foundation of the day.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - I usually only like to use concealers for brightening purposes so was pretty bummed when I realised vanilla was a smidge too dark for under the eye use. I will either use this to cover any blemishes or apply on my eye lids to even out any veins or darkness.


Now I do flit between different eye shadow but my go to at the moment is the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette. I loveee to use Thirteen all over the lid and Combust in the crease. Simple. For that wide awake look I then use the Kiko Precision Liquid Eyeliner - As cheap as chips at £6.90. This product has the perfect felt nib making application easy.

Mascaras, I tend to use 2; Urban Decay Perversion for a bit of length and then Too Faced Better Than Sex for a voluminous sultry finish.

At the moment, like eye shadows I change them up all the time. I will either use the new Urban Decay One and Done foundation/BB cream, Chanel Les Beiges or Nars Sheer Glow. One thing for certain is that I will always mix the foundation with Chanel's Sheer Illuminating Fluid for that extra subtle sheen. After foundation comes my favourite product ever, the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer - BEST PRODUCT EVER. NO WORDS. JUST TRY IT. Then of course to set my face make up, Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder - Probably the best powder I have ever used. Keeps my concealer in place and prevents my skin getting oily.


My holy grail bronzer will forever be the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. I really am not into a contouring and much prefer a bit more colour to my complexion so lightly dust the product onto my cheeks and forehead. It also smells a lot like chocolate. Now I couldn't honestly tell you what blush I wear, I have no clue. I just grab and go. However, one item I am proud to say I now own is of course the infamous Champagne Pop, is  nothing fabulous compared to my other faves, MAC Soft & Gentle and the Balm Mary Loumanizer.

Left - MAC Soft & Gentle
Right - Becca Champagne Pop
Whooooooo, last but not least my brows. I will only ever use Benefits Gimme Brow, Instant Brow Pencil and High Brow.


I obviously have to mention lipsticks somewhere in this post. I am 100% a lipstick hoarder owning every different finish and colour possible. Owning so many I do switch up shades depending on my outfit, but the picture below shows you my must coveted shades. 

Loreal - Blake's Red
Chanel Rouge Coco - Adrienne
Dior Diorific Lipstick - Shade featured was part of last years Christmas collection
MAC - Lustering
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - Boy

And relax. 
There we have it, all the products hiding in my makeup bag. Hope you all enjoyed reading!!
BroganRose. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)