Pages

Strike Gold - Gold Decor and DIY

Friday 3 June 2016


Gold will always be one of those colours people will either love or hate when it comes to decorating interior. For me its timeless and the perfect companion and accent to more subtle tones and of course black. My difficulty when finding the right accessories is firstly their price and secondly actually finding an item that is distinctive and different which right now is hard to come by. 

H & M is one of the last places I would have gone to look for homeware pieces, to be honest I didn't even realise they sold any of the sort. With an assortment of different pieces for any living space in your home there's  no wonder why those in the YouTube and Blogging world are in love with the high street chains collection. Following the theme of gold interiors, H & M was the first point of call when looking for the perfect items and what do you know, I found a few steals (see below). These items are ideal for anyone who is dipping their toes into the gold sphere and H & M also provide interesting ways of displaying these visuals. 


Clear Glass Box - £12.99 
Metal Trivet - £9.99

I have recently found my creative streak and have fallen in love with the use of gold leaf to create your own DIY pieces. Now I only remember using gold leaf sheets in GCSE & A Level Textiles but they can be used to make the most beautiful textures. I am yet to get crafty with the sheets but as always I have started with a good old Pinterest board. There are honestly so many ways of making good out of something old. Gold leaf sheets can be picked up for as little as £3 for 10 sheets from places like Amazon making it a cheap/chic little project.


As mentioned in my previous post, interior design is something I really enjoy even if it just involves reading Elle Decor and making a few Pinterest boards. I plan on writing as many post as possible which are interior related, finding inspo here and there. Any suggestions don't hesitate to leave me a cheeky comment - I am always interest in what you guys think.

As always, thank you for reading.

BroganRose. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)