Pages

20 Life Lessons I Learnt From My Parents

Saturday 18 June 2016

This month was my parents 20th wedding anniversary, so I thought now would be the perfect time to introduce them to my blog. The 20 best life lessons I learnt from them in my 20 years of being a human. 
  1. Its never too late to change - No matter your circumstance, there is always on opportunity to make change in order to further yourself.
  2. Be content with what you have - You may not be the wealthiest or a Kardashian but you should always make the most of what you have even if it is...
  3. There is nothing wrong with drinking a bottle of wine in one sitting - Mum. 
  4. Be on time - Growing up my Mum would never ever ever be late for anything. She would always be prepared for weather changed or even the silliest things like who's the slowest walker and all the what if's, of course I have learnt to do the same. 
  5. Have an opinion - If you have something to say, say it. Could be telling a cashier to quite talking and do their job or telling someone their a crap driver, go for it.
  6. Work hard - Want something? Work for it.
  7. To have a good old laugh - One thing my parents were blessed with was a decent sense of humour and are 100% laid back.
  8. There's nothing wrong with a bit of drama - We love a good bit of drama or gossip, gets us going.
  9. I am loved - Mum may have given Jay an extra Yorkshire for dinner but she loves us all equally.
  10. Be independent - Have tough skin and grab every opportunity you are given no matter how frightened and nervous you may be.
  11. Don't forget where you came from - The Quad. That is all. 
  12. Mum is always right - I don't care what anyone tells me Mum is ALWAYS right.
  13. Its okay to eat salad sandwiches for breakfast - Mum would work weekend mornings and Dad would always allow us kids to make whatever we wanted for breakfast, for me it was a salad sandwich with salad cream. 
  14. Not to give a s*** - Don't worry about what others think of you.
  15. Make good memories from the worst - No matter how rubbish a period of your life was, you can always find a way of shrugging it off and laughing about it.
  16. The oldest child is the best child - Hmmm....
  17. How to do the housework (if being paid) - Again, a weekend Mum would be working so I was the lovely daughter that would do the house work only if I was given some pocket money. 
  18. Eat plenty - We basically like food. 
  19. Have as many cats as you want
  20. If you lie you will get caught
Thanks for reading 

BroganRose.x 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)