Pages

The Beauty Edit: Kylie Jenner Lip Kit

Friday 20 May 2016



Ever since the launch of the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits I have never been able to get my hands on one. I have either missed a restock or entered my details incorrectly and all the lip kits in my bag are sold out before I can complete the order. After taking advice from blogger Amelia Liana, the last few times I have been ready and set with all my details ready to copy and paste and have been following Twitter accounts to ensure that I don't miss the restock dates. What do you know, it actually worked.

My first order from kyliecosmetics.com was Posie K, there are other colours I wanted to grab but weren't in the restock. I was so nervous when making the order, I had no idea if I was going to get a product or how much it would cost coming from America. I actually nearly chocked on my wine on completion of the order, not only had I got the lip kit I wanted but it only cost me £30 including shipping!!


The next problem was of course the delivery. The lip kit had actually been dispatched a few days after my order and was with me within a week. I have heard mixed reviews about delivery times as some took nearly 3 weeks to arrive. So the customer service from kyliecosmetics.com was more than I imagined!

So, the actual product itself. I must admit I was sceptical. I had never tried a liquid lipstick and was never really a huge an of matte lip colours anyway. The colour was different from pictures I had seen online and compared to the packaging, I was expecting Posie K to be a lot more pinker than it was a nude. It was dark upon application, nevertheless it was different to anything else I owned. The formula was very creamy and thin on the lips and dried quickly but sticky until completely matte. It did feel a little weird at first but as the day went on it was easy to get used to.

The staying power.

On the first day of wearing the product I had a four hour shift and work and was going out for drinks with friends after. Now it was true what everyone had said. These babies do not budge, not even the slightest. Throughout eating and drink there were no lipstick marks and no need to reapply. Honestly, there is not a bad word I can say about this product!

Since the last restock I did grab Heir which is part of Kylie's Metals collection, again a matte shade. It actually arrived today just before I left for work, luckily I had enough time to unbox it and swatch it.


Heir is not as metallic as I thought it would be. In pictures of Kylie and others wearing it the shade does look very iridescent but then I have only swatched the shade on my arm and hand. To see more of Heir keep a close eye on my social media pages!!

One more thing I must mention is the twitter account @lipkitupdate - I receive notifications every time there is a tweet from the account which means I am always  prepared for upcoming restocks. Would seriously recommend following her!!


Thank you for reading 

BroganRose x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)