Pages

A Day in The Life - A Trip To Brighton

Sunday 15 May 2016


Don't get me wrong living by the coast is beautiful but I never visit the beach as often as I should. I'm one of those girls who would much rather spend their day shopping, reading or drinking. Brighton is the only city I know along the coast that offers the best of both worlds. So I did the usual, grabbed the boyfriend, bestie and my brother and headed to B-Town (as others know it as).
After the journey from Portsmouth to Brighton food was on the hit list and eating out whilst on a detox has always proven to be difficult for me so I had something healthy and nutritious. A large hot dog smothered in mustard, fries and a side of onion rings. Not the best but damn it was worth every calorie.  

Moving on to all the fun stuff...

Anyone who has been to Brighton will know there are the lanes, a small collection of narrow roads filled with quirky independent stores and high street chains. Personally, I have only been along them for shops like MAC and Ted Baker but my Friend Emily wanted to show us we she called the 'Indie' lanes. First stop was a shop called This Is Not A Butchers, probably the most eccentric shop I have ever been in. It was pretty much stocked with the odd bits and bobs like sleep masks, mugs, playing cards and inflatables. You name it they have it. Everything item was different and quirky, I picked up a sleep mask with 'This B**** is Sleeping' emblazoned on it with sparkles and pink fluff and my brother purchased a mug with a pug on? It was just the coolest shop I have every been in!!

Yup, another really really cool shop. Photomatic. A BLOOMIN PHOTO BOOTH STORE. It had everything from props to different styles of photos. A photo booth is something I haven't ever been in with friends. I paid £10 for 3 tokens (photos) and they turned out pretty well considering my brother was wearing a horse head and it looked as if my boyfriend was leaning in to snog him... 


Saving my favourite shop til last. Now forgive me, I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the shop I just remember going through a series of emotions in the space of 30 minutes. The shop is full of vintage pieces including records, clothing, pictures, literature and magazines and is all sold at such a good price. I had a good old rummage through and found a collection of old Vogue magazines and a few were dated 1995 which was the year I was born. Any from that year I bought and later saw a pile of film review magazines and the one I got was from 1968 and had Audrey Hepburn on the cover. There was no chance of me leaving that behind. I have since tried to get my boyfriend to go back so we can go to the shop again, I've had no luck so far.

A trip to Brighton is not complete without visiting the beach. I may have only sat on a bench with a slush puppy but the weather was absolutely gorgeous which is rare in the UK. Overall it was just a fun little adventure and no better way to spend it than with my favourite people. 

Have less. Do more. Be more.

Thank you for reading

BroganRose x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)