Pages

MAC Haul

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Its been a while since I had visited a MAC store so whilst on a trip to Brighton I thought I would pop in store. I will admit I always blind bought from their website and relied on Instagram to look at swatches of products which of course is risky but so far so good. Anyway, there are a few staple items and raved about products that I have been longing to pick up but just haven't ever got round to buying due to other makeup releases and of course my tendency to go straight into Debenhams and blow nearly £150 at the Chanel counter. You can easily tell from my Instagram that buying makeup is seriously a huge problem of mine since moving to university and that isn't because of my student loan! Its just a expensive habit of mine.

Moving on swiftly to what I actually bought...


Whirl & Soar Lipliners
To be honest I don't know what I was thinking when I pciked up Whirl. I didn't swatch it or anything, I just knew I wanted it purely because everyone else had it and I didn't. Don't get me wrong the colour is gorgeous and perfect from the upcoming Autumnal months, I'm just not 100% convicned that the shade suits me. Soar on the other hand is a slightly more pinkish nude and I love it! Again, even though I got it in store I didn't bother swatching it. Any girl shopping at the MAC concession in Selfridges would probably understand why I did this. I cannot deal with the waiting game.

Left Soar Right Whirl
From this picture both liners do look incredibly similar however I do use them with entirely different lipsticks. Whirl is a perfect match for Mehr, whereas I use Soar with Chanels La Raffinée. I love the finish these liners give, wearing bold matte shades I don't tend to bother using lipliners because some reason I find they bleed like crazy. I always used MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick with their Cherry lipliner and I had nothing but problems when pairing them together after at least an hour or 2 I ended up looking like Miranda Sings.




Soar & La Raffinée

Mehr Matte Lipstick
This lipstick I am slowly getting used to as it isnt a shade I would usually reach for. I thought I would test the waters and go for a lipstick which was out of my comfort zone. Again this shade is perfect for the upcoming autumnal months. When it comes to lipsticks the bolder the better, but I am still looking for that perfect nude. I do have my eye on other MAC nude lipsticks like Honey Love and Velvet Teddy. I'm honestly just petrified of nude shades because they never suit my skin tone - Creme Cup being the other nude shade I own but it really really makes me look ill, so the only way I can get away with wearing it is pairing it with Pink Nouveau (another lipstick I cannot wear alone).


Fix + Spray (yuzu scent)
As my boyfriend call this 'face hairspray'. Where do I begin. Well, a member of staff in the MAC store spritzed this all over my face and it worked a treat and really helped my maekup stay on my face which left me impressed - the day itself was hot and clamy. The first time using this myself I drowned my face in the product and instead of keeping my makeup in place it took my whole face off. I am still getting to grips with this product but I tell you its an absolute dream in making glitter/shimmer eyeshadows look a lot bolder which for me is a winner as many of my shadows only add a sheen of shimmer on the lids. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't get my hands on the rose scented spray...


Painterly Paintpot
This is just a basic nude shade I like to apply all over my lids before applying any eyeshadow. I have seen Velvetgh0st use this products frequently in makeup tutorials so thought it would make sense to grab it in store whilst I remebered. I use this product daily without fail after using my Urban Decay primer samples. I love the samples given with the Naked 2 palette but I found them to be sticky and would crease through out the day. The only thing I could criticise about this product is that it dries quickly once applying, which sounds ridiculous but apart from that I really do love MAC paint pots!!



Thank you as always for reading!!

Brogan. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)