Pages

Lush Review/Skincare Routine

Saturday 5 September 2015

Like many girls I am prone to breakouts and have been searching for the perfect skincare products for  years. Personally I would say my skin type was normal/oily. I have tried various skin care products and foundations to combat this but nothing has ever seemed to work.

I have always been such a huge fan of Lush but hadn't ever tried any of their skincare products apart from their Cosmetic Warrior face mask. This mask in particular is one of Lush's fresh handmade masks meaning it has to be kept in the fridge. It may not have smelt the best but applying the product was heavenly as it was so soothing and cool on my skin. But as you could probably guess I didn't use it all before its uses by date. I explained this to one of the workers in store who then gave me a sample of the 'Mask of Magnaminty' which luckily didn't need to be refrigerated.. First use I fell in love with the product therefore I needed more!!

As the new store had opened on Oxford Street I began planning a cheeky visit so I started browsing the website and reading reviews on their most popular products. I didn't actually go to the store on Oxford Street, instead I had time to kill before my train was due to arrive at Victoria Station and thankfully the Lush store was still open! I picked up the Mask of Magnaminy, Tea Tree Water and the Coalface face wash. Of course I had high hopes for all of these products as all reviews had been positive.



Mask of Magnaminty
I use this mask on a regular basis, say about 2-3 times a week, only because I wear a full face of makeup almost every single day of the week. But seriously guys this mask does everything! 
It contains ingredients such as peppermint oil which soothes the skin and honey which helps to restore the skins moisture without drying it out when cleansing. This may sound ridiculous but you honestly see the results instantly!! After use my skin feels and looks clean and really begins to reduce any visible blemishes.

Now this may not be the most asthetically pleasing Lush product but it does a good job. I initially thought this was going to be an exfoliator, however it looks similar to a bar of soap and can be used like a bar of soap. This cleanser is perfect for use once all makeup has been removed as the coal in this product helps to draw out remaining dirt and oil from the skin. I use this on a daily basis, morning and afternoon. Although it does make my skin feel tight after use I know its had that deep cleanse it needed.

The only reason why I picked up this product was because everyone who loves Lush has this and its pretty much a staple item for any skin care routine. Tea Tree is known for drawing out impurities and keeping the skin fresh. Like Coalface I like to use this morning and night. This really does help refresh my skin, however after about half an hour my skin begins to develop a greasy film which I assume is a result of using this product. Although this a problem as I'm trying to conquer my oiliness I will continue to use this product no matter what.

So there we have it. My skin care/little Lush review. I am keen to give other Lush skincare products ago so please comment loads of recommendations.

As always, thank you for reading.

Brogan. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)