Pages

How To Find Your Personal Style

Monday 4 April 2016


My personal style is something that has changed a lot over the past few years. Back in college I would wear nothing but dresses, pencil skirts and girly blouses which always made me feel sophisticated and quite elegant. I do still love the occasional bodycon dress and floral number, but recently I have become more comfortable in buying items I will get a lot of wear out of like a jumper or a statement pair of trousers. 

The most important tip when developing your personal style is to make your outfits your own. Whilst we all have a fair amount of style icons its so important that you aren't directly trying to 'copy' an outfit because that is how you wish to dress. Guilty. I would always find a well dressed women and be inspired by what they were wearing and immediately purchase clothing items which were similar. This wasn't me at all, some of the items just didn't suit me and I didn't feel comfortable wearing them.  

Social media is such a great platform to begin the hunt for any form of fashion inspiration. There are some fantastic accounts to follow on Instagram like Inthefrow, Lydia Millen and Iamchouquette. The ladies all have very different sense of style but always ensure you take the right amount of style inspo from social media because as mentioned above it can all go pear shaped.

A recent find of mine has been blogger Margo & Me  who has taught me to round up pieces and looks I love in fashion magazines and create mood boards. Now I tend to do this using polyvore as it enables to look for high street pieces as well as designer. By doing this you are able to pick pieces from you wardrobe and mix and match according to mood boards you have created, you would be surprised but what you already have.

Being fashionable or up to speed with trends always made me think that the items you wore had to be designer. This is of course not true as there are so many beautiful pieces out there which are a hell of a lot cheaper on the high street and the quality is also the similar. If you really want to invest in designer pieces then the best way to begin is with accessories. Myself, I have already invested in a pair of Christian Louboutin's and Chanel pearls.



"Create your own individual style. I'm not interest in the girl who walks into my office in head-to-toe label look that's straight off the runway. I'm interested in a girl who puts herself together in an original independent way." - Anna Wintour 





Above I have included a few OOTD's from that 2 years. As you can probably tell I hardly ever wear colour. Now I don't do this on purpose, I just like to accessorise with bright colours, that may include a bold lip or my personal favourite a pair of cobalt blue shoes.

I really hope this has helped you fashionista's out there. 


Au revoir mes beautés

With love

BroganRose x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)