Pages

Chanel & Nars Haul

Friday 12 February 2016

Its been a while since I have gone on a big spending spree, buying a ton of makeup items I probably don't need. ASOS had 20% off all items last week so I thought it was about time I purchased a few of those Nars cult products and let you know what I think of them.

I picked up 3 items from Nars, the Reflecting Setting Loose Powder, Radiant Creamy Concealer and of course one of the infamous Audacious lipsticks. The first product I used was the powder and seeing as my holy grail has always been the Dior Nude Rose Powder I was feeling rather dubious about trying a new one. The powder itself if translucent and very silky on the skin upon application. I have been using this powder to to set the concealer under my eyes and I think its time to put my Dior powder away for a while. It keeps shine at bay and smooths out any creases underneath the eye area.

Now a typical Brogan moment occurred when purchasing the concealer as I assumed Vanilla would be the perfect shade to highlight areas on my face. However it is of course a little bit too dark. I did the usual and trailed through swatches of the product online and thought Chantilly was practically white, but I think I am going to have to grab it soon. The concealer has been used a few times, just to hide blemishes which seems to be working wonderfully, although I feel I can't give this product a full review due to the Brogan moment.

The lipstick is of course a product I didn't desperately need in my collection, but it is a coral shade which my collection is low on. I picked up the shade Greta. These lipsticks are extremely pigmented meaning a single sweep of the product is all you need for that bold lip. The texture is perfect and glides along the lips. The only downfall was the size of the lipstick. I might just be stupid but there doesn't look like theres a lot of product in the tube?


A makeup haul would not be complete with a few new Chanel buys. The long awaited spring collection is finally out, unfortunately I was not overly thrilled by this new collection but had to grab a couple of the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks in the shades Mighty and Energy. The Coco Shines are my favourite formula from Chanel, as they are extremely moisturising and shades can easily be built when paired with a lipliner. Mighty is the most wonderful vibrant shade of pink, practically a barbie looking pink, again another which I don't have in my lipstick collection so I needed it. Energy is a red-coral shade and lives up to its name being flamboyant and just very pretty. I picked up just one more, Flirt. The perfect muted coral-orange which just adds a small touch of colour on the lips. I have my eyes on this little baby for a while and had to snap it up.


Keeping on the same theme of new Chanel releases. Any new Chanel launch I am all ears and counting down the days towards the release date. Lat year Chanel launched the Les Beiges collection, with the range including the healthy glow sheer powder, colour stick and a lip balm. Chanel started the year with the release of the Les Beiges Healthy Glow foundation, which promises to give your skin radiance and of course I bought it. I am a shade 20 in all Chanel foundations so I got my usual. First use and I was really quite surprise as I was expecting it to be a medium coverage foundation, but it can be built easily for a much higher coverage. I have had so many comments on my skin appearing radiant so it must be doing something!


Au revoir mes beautés

BroganRose. x

1 comment:

  1. I really like the NARS Products!

    https://asparklingjourney.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)