Pages

Top 5 Autumn/Winter Lipsticks

Saturday 26 September 2015

It's finally Autumn. Time to pull out the faux fur, drink nothing but hot chocolate and pumpkin spice lattes and snuggle under a blanket. As much I love these things about the chilly months we all know any makeup lover is urging to get out the dark vampy autumn/winter lipsticks.

I thought now would be the perfect time to post my top 5 autumn/winter lipsticks!!

L-R Kiko, MAC Rebel, YSL Fuchsia Intense, Chanel Pirate, MAC Diva.

Top-Bottom, Kiko, MAC Rebel, YSL Fuchsia Intense, Chanel Pirate, MAC Diva.

1. Kiko Smart Lipstick - 918 Classic Rose (£3.90)
The only nude lipstick I will ever wear! When purchasing this lipstick I didn't think I would be overly thrilled as I haven't ever tried products from Kiko - it's a dream. It's ideal for everyday wear, is super moisturising and creamy. Exactly I want from a lipstick. I have recently began pairing this with MAC's Soar and they both match super well - you could wear the both with any makeup look. Being a girl that wears nothing but brightly coloured lips, this combo was life changing and I went through a phase of wearing them both everyday for at least two weeks. 

2. MAC - Rebel (£15.50)
This lipstick has to be the most daring in my collection - Its a deep plum purple. Initially I freaked at the idea of every wearing this shade as it looked so dark in the tube, but its surprisingly very wearable  as it isn't actually as dark as I thought. The finish of this lipstick is satin however I would say it was closer to a cremesheen finish as it isn't the slightest bit satin at all. Although I don't wear it that often I really do hope I get a lot of wear out of it these next few months.

3. YSL - Fuschia Intense (£26)
I really have no clue how to describe this lipstick... I would say the shade is certainly a Fuschia purple (as the name so kindly gives away) - but it's extremely irradescent and is a hot pink on the lips. I really do love this lipstick!! All of YSL's finishes are so moisturising and glossy, even their matte collections. I just can't ever fault them. The packaging, the smell. Ahh I just love them! 

4. Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick - Pirate (£26)
The perfect muted red for Autumn/Winter. I have many red lipsticks in general and from Chanel and this is the only one I will dig out for the fall seasons purely because it's a darker red. There really isn't a lot to say apart from the fact if you're going to have a signature red it has to be Chanel. This lipstick is to be teamed with a neutral matte eye, winged liner and heaps of mascara. Also perfect heading towards christmas.

5. MAC - Diva (£15.50)
Oh my goodness. This lipstick, The most vampiest shade EVER. There's something about this shade that makes me feel so powerful and sexy. Again this is another shade I have to pluck up the courage and wear because I feel it can be slightly dramatic. I would say I wear this a natural makeup look but I would be lying. The last time I wore this was with a smokey eye and the most dramatic lashes to be seen - thankfully it didn't look that bad. This of course is a matte finish - I am always hit and miss with MACs matte shades as I do find them soon drying and uncomfortable on the lips. This shade however isn't so bad and can be worn with a little bit of lip balm to keep them lips soft and kissable.


Thank you for kindly reading 

Brogan. x


2 comments:

  1. I've wanted macs rebel for so long - it's so pretty and perfect for the colder months X

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac 'Diva' is my absolute favourite lipstick for autumn/winter, so much that I dedicated a whole blog post to it, haha! Those other colours look fab too, I love the YSL lippies! xx

    Ciara Rose | AllureImpassionedGoddess

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)