Pages

Lets get lashed!!

Thursday 13 August 2015

Every woman longs for those long flirty lashes that will hold any mans attention. Whether you were blessed with doll like eyes or the shortest lashes in existence, there is nothing a pair of false lashes cannot do.

Admiring old Hollywood movie stars and lusting over their sultry lashes is where my hunt for the perfect lashes began. I wanted a pair that were versatile, wishing to wear them both day and night.  Having given false lashes a go many of times, applying them hasn't always been a strength of mine, constantly gluing my eyes together and never ensuring they fit the size of my eyes. 


My kind of 'go to' lashes have always been the Eyelure Naturalites, the naming giving away the look I wished to achieve initally. These had always been my ride or die lashes. I will admit they were not exactly 'natural looking' but the did it for me. These lashes are easy to apply and the brand itself has such a variety of lash styles meaning there are a pair to suit anyone.

Moving on from the Old Hollywood look, Kim Kardashian is our new muse. Her dramatic yet lady like lashes are the ones we are lusting over. With this, different lash brands such as Red Cherry Lashes and Ardell emerge with Kim's infamous lashes in mind. Not forgetting a range of lash colours and the option of self adhesive lash bands.  I have never seen such perfect, natural looking lashes in all my life. The brands themselves boasting their use of 100% natural human hair. Pretty creepy I hear you say? 

.........................................................................................

The journey began online where I stumbled across a website called Falseeyelashes.co.uk They talk of having 300 different lashes in stock. As this was to be my first order from the site I only picked up 3 paris lashes; Tanya Burr 'Everyday Flutter', Red Cherry #747 XS and #Del lashes. The order in total came to just under £9, which included the10% discount offered due to it being my first purchase. Not only was I gobsmacked at the price, but they had been dispatched within a few hours of the purchase and arrived the following day. Probably the best customer service I have ever received!!

Moving on to the lashes... 


Red Cherry Eyelashes - #747 XS
The first pair I tried were the Red Cherry Eyelashes in the style 747 XS. The lashes looked as though they would give a lot of volume and some length to my own lashes. I was initially quite nervous about applying this particular set due to the extremely thin lash band, but these doubts were soon pushed aside after application as they were surprisingly the easiest pair I think I have ever put on. No need to adjust them, cut to fit my eyes, only need a bit of mascara to help them blend with my natural lashes. When using other lashes such as the Eylure pairs, I have noticed how thick the band is which is not particularly good for those who haven't yet perfected the false lash look as it when put on the band is so dark that it creates the illusion you are wearing liner so the application has to be precise, avoiding the line becoming wonky along your natural lash line.





As you can see this particular style are perfect for everyday wear, they added enough volume and blended perfectly meaning they are perfect for any of those who are scared of trying lashes. For regular wear I was hoping they would also add some length to my own lashes, however this wasn't the case which is a stupid coming from me as it really does prove just how natural looking this pair are.  The overall look given is subtle, although as mentioned I do prefer false lashes to look natural these only slightly enhanced my own lashes. 


Red Cherry Eyelashes - #DEL.
FINALLY. The wispy, sultry looking lashes I was after. The lash band on these again are very thin but like the other pair from Red Cherry, there were no complications when applying at all and are also super comfortable and contact lens friendly.

I have been wearing these lashes almost everyday since getting them. Without mascara they look incredibly light and feathery with the right amount of length. When trying longer lashes previous to these, they tended to be different length lashes all along the lash strip making them appear incredibly unnatural. When mascara is applied the lashes look insanely sexy and give a girl that extra bit of confidence. I honestly cannot fault Red Cherry and will be more from this brand in the future!!






Tanya Burr 'Everyday Flutter'
I opted for this specific pair as I had never seen a pair only for the corner of the lashes. Perfect for just a touch of glamour to any look. These were super easy to apply, just popping on the corner was lovely. In the packaging the lashes look extremely long which worried me as my eyes are quite small and would look a tad over the top, but they were just perfect. In fact they were the a great length for me and added the perfect amount of drama to the eyes. No need to apply mascara or anything!! I have only worn these lashes a couple of times as I believe these would go beautifully with winged liner and a red lip, so not quite a day to day pair. I have honestly never been so happy with a pair of lashes in my life!! I will most certainly be purchasing more from Tanya Burrs range, especially as she in releasing new packaging for her products.


Unfortunately I haven't yet taken any snaps of myself wearing these lashes because as mentioned  they have only been worn a couple of times...


Overall I have certainly been converted to a lashes. After finding these pairs and the website I can simply do my eye makeup and only need to sweep a few coats of mascara ensuring the blend in well. Once I have perfected the application without sticking my eyes together I am sure I will get along swimmingly with some more falsies. Any of these 3 pairs of lashes can change any look in the blink of an eye and are as cheap as chips (literally). So head over to Falseeyelashes.co.uk now!!


Thank you so much for reading!!

Brogan. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)