Pages

Getting Back Into The Gym

Sunday 6 March 2016


You either love or hate the gym - Personally, I love it.  Now I am not one of those fitness freaks that eats clean, wakes up to a fresh green veggie shot and a protein shake every morning. I over indulge a lot, drink too much wine and will never turn down a sausage roll or five. However, I feel its time I cleaned my act up and sorted myself out after telling my boyfriend I will 'treating my body like a temple.' Before the summer I was at the gym all the time and loved the results, then having to move back home over the summer then coming back to cold weather I was instantly put off going for a while. I ate more and went up dress sizes making me really really unhappy. So I got another gym membership...

To get myself back into a  healthy routine small steps were needed to be taken to make sure I don't slip. Buying new gym gear is always something that gets me going, we all want to look cute whilst we sweat?! High street shops such as H&M and New Look have a range of sportswear, making things fun and quirky with neon prints florals. Whilst 'attempting' to look fresh, you need the perfect playlist and Spotify provides the best workout playlists depending on what sort of mood you are in and the type of exercise you are doing. I will always rely on Beyonce to get me going - I literally feel like I can take on the world when listening to her. Brogan being Brogan I do occasionally watch Pretty Little Liars or the Kardashian's to keep me going.

Making the time for the gym is something that can be rather challenging as you always have a million and one other things to be doing. The easiest way to ensure you are going regularly is to make it part of your routine. I aim to go at least 5 or 6 times a week after lectures and before work. Now that may sound a little excessive but the gym is not only there to get fit or lose weight but its brilliant for letting the days stress out.

Lastly, make it exciting. It doesn't have to be the same old workout day in day out. Switch things up and go to a class or two. Piloxing has become a favourite class of mine as it combines both Pilates and boxing. I'm no expert so I tend to just hide at the back of the studio because I am yet to get the hang of things. If you don't like classes browse the app store as you are bound to find a ton of different workouts that suit you - Kayla Itsines is a huge hit at the moment!

I hope this post has at least inspired you to eat an apple or go for a run. As my quest with the gym continues I will keep you all updated.


Au revoir mes beautés

With love

BroganRose x



2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I can totally relate to everything you have mentioned, making time for the gym when I was at university AND working was rather hard, but it got better just before summer started. I am currently 'trying' to eat healthy too, but trying to find food that contains sugar is impossible these days! :)

    www.bequiche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it soooo much at the moment - Although I do have the occasional Big Mac!! 😍😂

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)