Pages

My Not So Midlife Crisis

Friday 29 January 2016

We are nearing the end of the month and only 29 days into January I am feeling pretty enthusiastic for the rest of the year. I've joined yet another gym, attempted to be more of a morning person and finally bought items of clothing which aren't black. Whilst that is all irrelevant to the reason why I am writing this post, they are minor triumphant steps to a fairly decent 2016. So the reason for this post exactly? Well there isn't one. I just fell slightly uplifted and motivated so why not write something? 

The year started on a bit of a downer, I couldn't bear the thought of returning back to university and having to continue the everyday (not so) life of a grown up which admittedly I am not very good at. Routines fell back into place and once again I was working towards deadlines and making important decisions like 'what do I have for dinner today?' or 'do I walk to university or be lazy and get a taxi?' - All the important stuff really. 

Recently I have decided I want to spend more time do what I love best, writing. Now I may not be the best but I am really enjoying and wish to turn it into a career as well as a hobby. Being a politics student, this does sound a little far fetched but I honestly feel after a few weeks off over Christmas I have been able to pull myself together and realise the things I really want from life and I guess this is one of those things.

Journalism will be my starting point taking any opportunity to write when I can, but I really feel my heart is in fashion journalism. I want to be the one writing show reports for the likes of Vogue during fashion week and playing with all forms of media. To me it makes so much sense seeing as everything I am currently doing outside of university is directed to what I want to do career wise. I just need to begin now and get the wheels in motion as they say. 


4 comments:

  1. Amazing blog, keep doing what you love, no matter what you study there is always a link between everything... even with politics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm literally trying to link fashion and politics for my dissertation. x

      Delete
    2. I am sure you will find a way! :) Can't wait to hear about it on your blog! x

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)